Community Support Information
Metrobus is proud to work within the communities we serve.
To provide an extra helping hand to our communities; our Community Team have been collecting together some community support information in partnership with many of our local and national partners.
This web page is being updated daily therefore if you or your organisation wish to be added to this information page please contact the community team - Victoria and Sam - via firstname.lastname@example.org
Finally, a huge thank you to everyone who has helped us put this information page together. Your contributions have been invaluable.
- Brighton & Hove Buses
- The Big Lemon
- Compass Travel
- East Sussex Council Bus service changes
- Southdown PSV
GOV.UK Official advice - Including NHS and County Council information
- NHS Advice - 111
- Register on Gov.uk for vulnerable people to receive help and support
- Further Gov.uk guidance if you are vulnerable
- UK Government advice on safely providing essential support for friends and family in isolation
- East Sussex Council - 0345 608 0190 - 8.30am to 5pm (4.30pm on Fridays)
- West Sussex Council - 01243 777100
- Surrey County Council - 03456 009 009 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
Local Councils - information and advice for your local area
- Crawley Borough Council
- East Grinstead Town Council
- Horsham District Council
- Mole Valley District Council
- Reigate and Banstead District Council
- Mid Sussex District Council
- Burgess Hill Town Council
- Haywards Heath Town Council
- Epsom and Ewell Borough Council
- Sutton Council
Mental Health and anxiety support and information
- Anxiety UK - 0344 477 5774
- Community Roots - Helpline- 0808 196 1768 - General Queries - 01273 405 800
- NHS Every Mind Matters
- Mind - 01273 666950
- MindOut - 01273 234839
- Samaritans- 0330 094 5717 or Free from any phone - 116 123. Monday 10am–10pm Tuesday 10am –2 pm / 8pm–10pm Wednesday 10am–10pm Thursday 10am–10pm Friday 10am–10pm Saturday 2pm–10pm Sunday 10am–10pm
- Cruse Bereavement Care
- OK Rehab - 0800 326 5559
Loneliness and isolation support and information
- Campaign To End Loneliness - 0203 8653908
- AbilityNet - This FREE webinar will offer information and support on how you can stay connected with family and friends using technology during a time of social isolation - and to learn skills for when it is no longer necessary.
Information and support if you have a sight impairment
- Sight Advice FAQ’s - from RNIB, Guide Dogs, Visionary, Victa, Fight For Sight, Vision UK, Macular Society
- East Sussex Association of Blind and Partially Sighted People - 01323 832252 Monday - Thursday 9am - 4.30pm
- Information on fraud prevention
- Blind Veterans - Helpline - 0800 389 7979
- British Blind Sport
Advice and support for people living with dementia and also carers'
- Alzheimer’s Society - Head office - 0330 333 0804 Dementia Connect Support Line - 0333 150 3456
- Dementia UK - Head Office - 020 8036 5400 - Dementia Helpline - 0800 888 6678
Support and advice for carers
- Carers UK - 020 7378 4999
- Carers Centre Brighton & Hove - 01273 746222 Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
- Care for the Carers East Sussex - 01323 738390 Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
Information and support for people with a hearing impairment
- Action on Hearing Loss - 01273 840960 Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
- Sign Health- The Deaf health charity -020 3947 2600 Monday - Sunday 8am -12am
- LGBTQ Switchboard Brighton & Hove - 01273 359042 Wednesday and Thursday - 7pm – 9:30pm
- MindOut - 01273 234839
Fraud and Scam Awareness Advice
- Alzheimer's Society have asked us to share this document which has been made in collaboration with National Trading Standards
- National Trading Standards -
- Crown Prosecution Service - (CPS)
- Neighbourhood Watch
All other group information
As well as the links above we have also added information from:
- National information from Age UK - 0800 678 1602 Monday - Sunday 8am to 7pm
Age UK West Sussex
Information and Advice, Telephone befriending, Doorstep Deliveries, Welfare and Safety Support, Wellbeing advice.
If you’d like to access any of the services above, or you’re worried about an older friend or family member at this time, please call on 01903 731800 or email email@example.com
Press release here - Includes information on food collections.
0131 510 5106
Visit their website here
The team behind Euan’s Guide, the website where people leave reviews rating the disabled access at the places they visit, has now launched a new online forum.
The charity focused on making it easier for disabled people to get out and about has now turned their attention to keeping everyone amused whilst they stay indoors.
St Catherine’s Hospice
As your local hospice, we are proud to help people in our community through the most difficult of times. Now, more than ever, we must look after each other.
We have already seen a severe impact on our fundraising, but our expert nurses, therapists and doctors are still providing care in the hospice and visiting people in their own homes, and our nursing and bereavement teams continue to offer advice and reassurance via our phone lines – as we do 365 days a year. In these uncertain times providing our care has never been more important. If you’re able, you can support our urgent appeal by donating online here
If you’re looking to relax or keep mobile, enjoy our online seated Tai-Chi and Meditation sessions
Keeping active is really important for those living with a terminal illness, and can have lots of benefits; from helping to reduce physical symptoms, help to increase your energy and reduce fatigue. Keeping moving can also have a real impact on your mental wellbeing, helping to improve mood and combat stress.
This is a guided, seated Tai-Chi video led by Lianne from our St Catherine’s Hospice therapy team. This video has been made for patients of St Catherine’s Hospice to continue to be able to participate in a form of gentle exercise
Meditation can significantly help to reduce stress, anxiety and worry. This practice is offered at our Living Well Centre through guided meditations with one of our volunteers, Graham, and is very popular with many of our patients and their loved ones.
This is a short guided meditation that you can do from the comfort of your own home. We hope it will offer some relaxation and calm to those who choose to take part.
Helpline and advice - Scope's helpline provides free, independent and impartial advice and support on issues that matter to disabled people and their families.
You can contact the helpline by:
freephone: 0808 800 3333
textphone: Use Type Talk by dialling 18001 from a textphone followed by 0808 800 3333
filling out our contact form
use a British Sign Language Interpreter
The Silver Line
Visit their website here
The Silver Line operates the only confidential, free helpline for older people across the UK that’s open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days of the year. Helpline number – 0800 4 70 80 90
They also offer telephone friendship where they match volunteers with older people based on their interests, facilitated group calls, and help to connect people with local services in their area
YMCA DownsLink Group
Visit their website for advice and support for young people.
They have also provided these documents with helpful information on the services available for young people at this time: