Latest Coronavirus Updates and Guidance
18th January 2021
From Saturday 16th January revised timetables will be in operation. We are trying to minimise the impact this will have on your journey and anticipate this being in the region of 80% of pre-Covid levels.
Some services aren't changing. Bus stop timetable information will be temporarily out of date for those services changing - the digital real time screens will be correct.
We are operating non-schoolday timetables.
Please note: Route 642 will continue operating and; Route 291 will continue to serve Bennett Memorial School - the 0652 journey from Crawley will continue to the school and the 1548 from Tunbridge Wells will start at the school (at 1545).
Thank you for wearing a face covering on board our buses for your entire journey – you are helping to protect yourself and others and following the government’s legal requirement for travel on public transport. Around 90% of our passengers who must wear a face covering by law are wearing one but we want to get as close to 100% as possible. If you are exempt, it would really help our drivers if you showed your exemption card, concessionary card or sunflower lanyard when you board, although we respect your right not to show one. If you don’t have an exemption card you can apply here or call Customer Services on 01293 449191.
If you don’t wear a face covering and you are not exempt, you may be refused travel on our buses and you could be fined.
Please use the hand sanitiser provided; keep windows open and maintain social distancing. Respect the decision of our drivers if they advise that the bus has reached its reduced capacity limit.
For any season ticket enquiries please contact our customer services team who will be happy to help.
From Monday 18th January the rules around concessionary travel are being temporarily relaxed. The only exception is London which affects a very short section of the 420 and 820 between Belmont and Sutton. All other local authorities have agreed to accept both disabled and older person passes for their own residents and other counties' residents at all times. Full details can be found here
Making Travel Safer
If you’re new to buses again or just want a refresher of the latest advice we've put together this handy guide for travelling with us.
This guidance and advice is there to keep us all safe. Please be kind and patient throughout these times:
- Government advice is to not travel by bus if you feel unwell or have COVID-19 symptoms. See government guidelines here.
- Wash your hands before and after travelling with us. We have fitted hand sanitisers to each bus for you to use when boarding.
- Follow social distancing guidelines at all times.
- The buses have lower capacity levels.
- Currently our busiest times are between 1000-1500, morning and afternoon peak times are much quieter.
- If you don’t use the app or key card we accept contactless payment on board our buses. We still accept cash but we don’t offer change. More details can be found here.
- You must wear a face covering if you are aged 11 and over. They need to be worn at all times and make sure they cover both your nose and mouth. Some people may be exempt from wearing a face covering, full details can be found here.
- Board the bus one at a time.
- Only sit next to someone from your household or bubble.
- Do not queue in the aisle or next to the driver.
- Help keep fresh air flowing through the bus by keeping windows open.
- When you want to get off the bus ring the bell and remain seated until the bus stops.
During the current period of capacity restrictions, the boarding of buggies, pushcairs or wheelchairs will be reduced to a mix of TWO, for example 1 wheelchair + 1 pushchair OR 2 pushchairs. These limits relate to open - not folded - pushchairs. This will maintain the current social distancing guidelines.
Our buses are put through a rigorous cleaning regime every night. We use hospital grade cleaning products. Our cleaning team is also out every day, jumping onto our buses to give them an additional wipe down using the same high standard cleaning product - this occurs regularly. For more information on what else we’ve been doing to keep you and our staff safe please click here.
If you need assistance please ask the driver as normal.
The government guidance can be found here
If you can, download the NHS COVID-19 app before travelling
We look forward to seeing you on board our buses.
We have Covid-19 safe certified working environments - more details here