5th March 2021
Concessionary Travel Information
At the beginning of lockdown, the councils extended 24-hour concessionary travel to all pass holders.
From Monday 8th March 2021 standard restrictions will be reinstated, except for journeys that start in Surrey - where passes can be used at any time until further notice.
Change to service - 6th March
With the confirmation by the Prime Minister of schools and colleges reopening on 8th March we will be returning to schoolday timetables from that day and school services will once again begin operating. You can find out about safety guidance for school travel here.
As the schools re-open we expect more people to use our services so we will be reverting back to the service levels we were operating before our service change on 16th January. This change will take place on 6th March.
Services that did not change on 16th January will not be changing on 6th March.
Making Travel Safer
If you’re new to buses again or just want a refresher of the latest advice we've put together this handy guide for travelling with us.
This guidance and advice is there to keep us all safe. Please be kind and patient throughout these times:
- Government advice is to not travel by bus if you feel unwell or have COVID-19 symptoms. See government guidelines here.
- Wash your hands before and after travelling with us. We have fitted hand sanitisers to each bus for you to use when boarding.
- Follow social distancing guidelines at all times.
- The buses have lower capacity levels.
- Currently our busiest times are between 1000-1500, morning and afternoon peak times are much quieter.
- If you don’t use the app or key card we accept contactless payment on board our buses. We still accept cash but we don’t offer change. More details can be found here.
- You must wear a face covering if you are aged 11 and over. They need to be worn at all times and make sure they cover both your nose and mouth. Some people may be exempt from wearing a face covering, full details can be found here.
- Board the bus one at a time.
- Only sit next to someone from your household or bubble.
- Do not queue in the aisle or next to the driver.
- Help keep fresh air flowing through the bus by keeping windows open.
- When you want to get off the bus ring the bell and remain seated until the bus stops.
- During the current period of capacity restrictions, the boarding of buggies, pushcairs or wheelchairs will be reduced to a mix of TWO, for example 1 wheelchair + 1 pushchair OR 2 pushchairs. These limits relate to open - not folded - pushchairs. This will maintain the current social distancing guidelines.
More on face coverings
Thank you for wearing a face covering on board our buses for your entire journey – you are helping to protect yourself and others and following the government’s legal requirement for travel on public transport. Around 90% of our passengers who must wear a face covering by law are wearing one but we want to get as close to 100% as possible. If you are exempt, it would really help our drivers if you showed your exemption card, concessionary card or sunflower lanyard when you board, although we respect your right not to show one. If you don’t have an exemption card you can apply here or call Customer Services on 01293 449191.
If you don’t wear a face covering and you are not exempt, you may be refused travel on our buses and you could be fined.
Cleaning on our buses
Our buses are put through a rigorous cleaning regime every night. We use hospital grade cleaning products. Our cleaning team is also out every day, jumping onto our buses to give them an additional wipe down using the same high standard cleaning product - this occurs regularly. For more information on what else we’ve been doing to keep you and our staff safe please click here.
We are here to help
For any questions you may have about travelling on our buses or ticket enquiries please contact our customer services team who will be happy to help. Our travel shops at Crawley Bus Station and Redhill Bus Station remain open.
If you need assistance please ask the driver as normal.
We have Covid-19 safe certified working environments - more details here
The government guidance can be found here
If you can, download the NHS COVID-19 app before travelling