Welcome to the Metrobus App
Some of the key features are:
- Tickets can be purchased – in advance or on the day.
- View your bus on a map to see exactly where it is
- Plan your journey with our mobile-friendly journey planner
- View 'virtual departure boards' for all bus stops, including geo-location to show you your nearest boarding point
- Save multiple payment methods for quick purchasing in future - including PayPal
New feature: You can now 'favourite' a bus stop so if you use one regularly it's much quicker and easier to get to the live departure boards. Just tap the blue star on the home screen to add your stop.
Download the App
How does the app work?
- You pay for your mobile ticket (m-ticket) with a debit or credit card or PayPal, and it will be stored on your phone.
- You can buy m-tickets 24/7 to travel immediately or in advance.
- To use your ticket - activate it before you need to travel - you only need to do this once for period tickets
- When you get on the bus all you need to do is hold your phone, screen side up, under the ticket machine reader so it can read the QR code - wait for the beep/green light.
What tickets are available on the app?
The tickets available on the app are our period Metrorider and Metrovoyager tickets - both Adult and Child tickets are available.
Period travel is available up to 4 weeks in duration. Group/Family travel is also available on the app
You can download our zone map below if you are unsure which metrorider ticket is most appropriate
How much do m-tickets cost?
How to activate a ticket on the app
- There is a countdown and expiry date on-screen so that you can easily see how long you have left on your m-ticket .
- Except for the Family and Duo tickets, only one person per phone can travel, you cannot activate multiple tickets on one phone to allow several people to travel.
- If you get a new phone please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will transfer any tickets across to your new phone.
- Mobile tickets are accepted on services operated by Southdown PSV between certain points on certain routes. More info here.
- If you have any problems or queries please email email@example.com