Welcome to the Metrobus App
We’ve launched our new app. Tickets can be purchased as usual on the new app – in advance or on the day.
If you use our old app you will need to set up a new account the first time you use our new app. Your username and password from the old app can’t be transferred over so please don’t try to log in or use the “Forgotten password” option until you’ve registered as a new user. You can reuse the same user name and password from the old app when you register for the new app however.
If you have unused or partly used tickets on the old app you will still be able to use them up until the 15th October - when the old app will be switched off - if you have any tickets left after this date please contact our customer services to move them across to the new app.
Some of the key new features are:
- You can now view your bus on a map to see exactly where it is
- Plan your journey with our mobile-friendly journey planner
- View 'virtual departure boards' for all bus stops, including geo-location to show you your nearest boarding point
- Save multiple payment methods for quick purchasing in future - including PayPal
Download our new App
Download our app and use your phone as a bus ticket.
Simply show the driver the activated ticket on your mobile when you board.
How does the app work?
- You pay for your mobile ticket (m-ticket) with a debit or credit card or PayPal, and it will be stored on your phone.
- You can buy m-tickets 24/7 to travel immediately or in advance.
- To use your ticket - activate it before you need to travel - you only need to do this once for period tickets
- When you get on the bus all you need to do is show the activated m-ticket on your phone screen clearly to the driver.
What tickets are available on the app?
The tickets available on the app are our period Metrorider and Metrovoyager tickets - both Adult and Child tickets are available.
Period travel is available up to 4 weeks in duration. Group/Family travel is also available on the app
You can download our zone map below if you are unsure which metrorider ticket is most appropriate
How much do m-tickets cost?
- There is a countdown and expiry date on-screen so that you can easily see how long you have left on your m-ticket .
- Except for the Family and Duo tickets, only one person per phone can travel, you cannot activate multiple tickets on one phone to allow several people to travel.
- If you get a new phone please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will transfer any tickets across to your new phone.
- Mobile tickets are accepted on services operated by Southdown PSV between certain points on certain routes. More info here.
- If you have any problems or queries please email email@example.com