Welcome to the Metrobus App
We’ve launched our new app. Tickets can be purchased as usual on the new app – in advance or on the day.
New: When boarding the bus with your activated m-ticket instead of showing your phone to our drivers, you now need to scan the QR code under the reader located on our ticket machines - hold your phone screenside up under the reader and wait for the green light/beep.
Some of the key new features are:
- You can now view your bus on a map to see exactly where it is
- Plan your journey with our mobile-friendly journey planner
- View 'virtual departure boards' for all bus stops, including geo-location to show you your nearest boarding point
- Save multiple payment methods for quick purchasing in future - including PayPal
Download our new App
How does the app work?
- You pay for your mobile ticket (m-ticket) with a debit or credit card or PayPal, and it will be stored on your phone.
- You can buy m-tickets 24/7 to travel immediately or in advance.
- To use your ticket - activate it before you need to travel - you only need to do this once for period tickets
- When you get on the bus all you need to do is hold your phone, screen side up, under the ticket machine reader so it can read the QR code - wait for the beep/green light.
What tickets are available on the app?
The tickets available on the app are our period Metrorider and Metrovoyager tickets - both Adult and Child tickets are available.
Period travel is available up to 4 weeks in duration. Group/Family travel is also available on the app
You can download our zone map below if you are unsure which metrorider ticket is most appropriate
How much do m-tickets cost?
- There is a countdown and expiry date on-screen so that you can easily see how long you have left on your m-ticket .
- Except for the Family and Duo tickets, only one person per phone can travel, you cannot activate multiple tickets on one phone to allow several people to travel.
- If you get a new phone please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will transfer any tickets across to your new phone.
- Mobile tickets are accepted on services operated by Southdown PSV between certain points on certain routes. More info here.
- If you have any problems or queries please email email@example.com