Already have a key card? Click here to login
Welcome to the key
A smarter way to travel on our services.
The key is our electronic smartcard that makes paying for travel on Metrobus services in Sussex, Surrey and Kent a whole lot simpler.
- Instead of buying a paper ticket, you load tickets onto the card in advance – online* or at our travel shops in Crawley and Redhill Bus Stations.
- It’s much more secure than a paper ticket – if your card is stolen we can cancel it and send you a new one with any remaining travel transferred to your new card.
- It can save you money, with discounts available on some tickets when purchased on the key.
- No more waiting to buy a ticket or searching for change when it’s so easy to top up online. Just follow the onscreen instructions.
- Your ticket doesn't start until you first use it, so you don't need to worry about start dates (except annuals), and you can have multiple tickets on your card at once
- The key can be topped up again and again, no need for a new paper ticket so reduces paper use.
- The card is free, you only pay for the tickets you load onto it.
Register for your new key today by clicking here.**
Already have a key? To log into your account click here.
If you got your key card from one of our travel shops select ‘forgotten password’ in the log in section.
For our FAQ's about the key click here.
*Online purchases take up to 48 hours to become available on buses and are not immediately available for use on your smartcard. Online purchases must be collected within 90 days.
** if you are eligible for Child, Child 3in1, Student 3in1, Surrey Student tickets you will need to register for a key card at our travel shops at Crawley and Redhill Bus Stations with your relevant ID. Your key card can be topped up online thereafter.
What tickets are available on the key?
- Metroriders covering the Crawley, Horsham and Redhill & Reigate zones
- Multi Trip tickets for Crawley, Horsham, Redhill & Reigate areas
- Horsham Park & Ride tickets
- Gatwick Travelcards for Gatwick Airport workers only
How to use the key
On entering the bus the reader is located on the ticket machine.
To use your key - place it on the reader where you see this symbol.
Once you have placed your key on the reader, wait until the green light shows before removing it - this will take a little longer when you are activating a product that you have purchased online.