Caterham Valley nestles at the foot of a steep-sided valley, and is linked to Caterham-on-the-Hill by Church Hill.
Queen’s Park, near the top of the Hill, is a place to play and to relax. Near its tennis courts is the Sensory Garden full of beautifully scented, coloured and textured plants.
At the top of the Hill is the ancient parish church of St. Lawrence’s, built in 1095. The Guards’ Depot Army Barracks in Coulsdon Road which opened in 1877, now form part of ‘The Village’ housing development, with a distinctive War Memorial at the entrance.
Both Caterham-on-the-Hill and Caterham Valley are full of independent shops and cafés.
Visit www.caterhamsurrey.co.uk for details about attractions in the area.