Thank you for enquiring about a career that's going places...
We currently only have driver vacancies at our Crawley depot. Please note there are currently NO vacancies at our Orpington and Croydon depots. However, please keep checking this announcement, as the situation can change.
Drivers are company representatives - it's often how customers judge us. You contribute to the business by driving safely. By arriving (traffic permitting) and departing on time, being courteous and well informed helps create a positive contribution to our image as a professional company. We expect all of our staff to arrive in time to start their duty, regularly and in full uniform.
The People We Recruit
- Men and women normally over 20 years of age
- Have a valid licence giving entitlement to drive in the UK, without disqualification, for a minimum of two years
- Must have the right to live and work in the UK
- Have no more than 3 points on your licence (please be aware that points from some convictions such as drink driving (DR10,20 etc) will last for 11 years from conviction)
- Must be prepared to work shifts including weekends and a share of Bank Holidays
- Good timekeepers - some duties start very early!
- Present themselves in a smart and clean manner
- Have experience in a customer facing role
- Above all you must enjoy driving, working with people and be able to deal with members of the public in a polite and courteous manner
- Must live with in easily commutable distance of their depot. A 20 mile radius is the ABSOLUTE maximum, dependent on local transport links
If this sounds like you, then read on...
- A well paid job
- A five-day week
- Up to five weeks annual leave, after qualifying period
- Contributory Pension Scheme, after qualifying period
- Extensive range of travel concessions for both you and a nominee
- Smart uniform
Those of you that require training to reach PCV standard of driving can expect to be in our training school for two to four weeks. After passing your PCV driving test, both theory and practical, you will be shown all aspects of what is required for being a bus driver. Route learning, ticket issuing, customer care, cash handling... Don't be put off - we give you plenty of time to take it all in and before we let you loose on your own, we give you time with an experienced driver who acts as your 'mentor' to help you with any problems that you may encounter.
If after reading this you haven't been put off, you can apply right now online.
To apply now click here.
If you would like further information please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call our recruitment department on 08000 280055 (between 1000 and 1600 on Mondays to Fridays).
Please be aware that we adopt a strict zero drugs policy and as early as interview stage we will undertake drug testing on our potential new drivers. If you are an illegal drug user or believe you have recently used illegal drugs, please do not apply as their detection will terminate your application.
Metrobus is an equal opportunity employer.