We currently have vacancies in our Customer Services team, click here to find out more.
We currently have driver vacancies at our Crawley depot.
Recruitment for London depots is now being carried out by Go-Ahead London. Please visit their website for details of current vacancies.
- Do you enjoy a fresh challenge every day?
- Does making a difference in the community where you work excite you?
Then have you considered becoming a Bus Driver?
Every journey, whether it is commuting to and from work, enjoying a shopping trip, attending an appointment or just meeting friends is equally as important. That’s why our Drivers are so valued - it is them who make it happen.
We are currently recruiting trainee drivers to join our team where you will receive full PAID bespoke training. Likewise we welcome existing PCV holders.
Driving a bus is not easy – it requires great driving skills, concentration and excellent customer service skills. However, it is not as physically demanding as you may think, vehicles these days have power assisted steering so they're easier to drive.
At Metrobus we offer:
- A well paid job – earn around £22,000 per annum after training
- A five-day week
- Up to five weeks annual leave, after qualifying period
- Contributory Pension Scheme, after qualifying period
- Staff Travel
- Smart uniform
- Full Training
The People We Recruit
- Have a valid manual licence giving entitlement to drive in the UK, without disqualification
- Must have the right to live and work in the UK
- Have no more than 3 points on your licence (please be aware that points from some convictions such as drink driving (DR10,20 etc) will last for 11 years from conviction)
- Must be prepared to work shifts including most weekends and some Bank Holidays
- Good timekeepers - some duties start very early! (and some finish very late!)
- Present themselves in a smart manner
- Preferably have experience in a customer facing role
- Above all you must enjoy driving, working with people and be able to deal with members of the public in a polite and courteous manner
- Must live with in easily commutable distance of their depot. A 20 mile radius is the maximum, dependent on local transport links
- All applications will treated on an individual basis regardless of the above criteria.
- To apply now click here.
If you would like further information please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call our recruitment department on 08000 28 00 55 (between 1000 and 1400 on Monday to Friday).
Metrobus is an equal opportunity employer.
*Please be aware that we adopt a strict zero drugs policy and as early as the interview stage we will undertake drug testing on our potential new drivers. If you are an illegal drug user or believe you have recently used illegal drugs, please do not apply as their detection will terminate your application.